Storing and Drying Requirements for ADVANCER® Kiln Shelves
Recommended Dry Out Procedure
- Heat from ambient to 210ºF (99ºC) at a rate of 50ºF (28ºC)/hour.
- Slow heating rate to 25ºF (14ºC)/hour to 230ºF (110ºC).
- Hold at 230ºF (110ºC) for 12 hours ensuring that the entire load has reached the soak temperature before the timing of the soak has begun.
- Raise temperature to 350-500ºF (177-260ºC) at a rate of 100ºF (56oC)/hour.
- Hold soak temperature for 16 hours ensuring that the entire load has reached the soak temperature before the timing of the soak has begun.
- Cool naturally/slowly by turning off the heating source.
Call us with any questions regarding moisture-related issues with ADVANCER® refractory components.
ADDITIONAL WARNING – To prevent the hazard of electric shock from any source within an electric kiln, ADVANCER® kiln shelves should not come into direct contact with electrical heating elements.